United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan
Last Date: May 7, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Job Title – Gender Consultant
Category – Indian Jobs
Job Title – Gender Consultant
Organization – United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Job Location – Jaipur, Rajasthan
Last Date – 7th May, 2009
Job Description -
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical inputs related to Gender for the various capacity building workshops of the Health Department and Women and Child Development department of the Government of Rajasthan.
2. Support the monitoring of the Capacity Building interventions related to the Domestic Violence Act undertaken in the State.
3. Provide technical support to the process of Gender Responsive Budgeting steered by Department of Plan and Department of Women and Child Development
4. Provide technical inputs in Gender sensitive planning of the programmes and also mainstreaming of the Gender Strategies in the regular programme of the Various departments
5. Provide technical support in the development of Plan of Action of the State Women’s Policy
6. Provide technical support to the Women and Child Development Department in reviewing the Gender related Programmes.
7. Provide technical inputs to the Gender related interventions planned in the RCH-II programme of National Rural Health Mission at the State level.
8. Provide technical inputs in strengthening the interventions related to Family Counseling Centers functioning in the health settings to address the Gender Based Violence from the Public Health Perspective
9. Provide Support in developing resource materials from the Gender perspective for the capacity building workshops/training materials for the different functionaries of the Women and Child and Health Department.
10. Provide technical backstopping to the implementation of the PCPNDT Act and issues related to Sex Selection
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum qualification of Master’s degree in Social Sciences , Women and Gender Studies
• An overall experience of 5-7 years experience in the development sector with at least 3-5 years experience in the area of women empowerment programmes and Gender related issues
• Experience of working in any government organization / academic institutions or with reputed NGOs in Health sector / Women’s issues
• Good working knowledge on Computers
• Full proficiency in English (including excellent writing and communication skills), and Proficiency in Hindi.
• Experience in working with governments in policy issues related to Gender
• Experience in technical capacity building and/or training related to Gender.
• Experience in gender mainstreaming in the Health sector
• Integrity, cultural sensitivity/valuing diversity, commitment to the organization and its mandate
• Performance management, developing people/coaching and mentoring
• Ability to work in team
• Self management/emotional intelligence
• Communication skills
• Analytical and strategic thinking
• Results oriented/commitment to excellence
• Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
• Functional Competencies:
• Results based program development and management
• Job knowledge/Technical expertise
Place of Posting: Directorate of Women Empowerment, Department of Women and Child Development, Jaipur, Rajasthan
Duration and place of work.
The Consultant will be hired for duration of one year .The consultant will work in close collaboration with UNFPA and the Directorate of Women Empowerment and will be stationed at Jaipur
Honorarium: The consultant will be paid a consolidated salary of Rs.50,000 to 65000/- per month on the basis of experience and the compensation history of the candidate.
Interested candidates may send in their CV by 7th May 2009 to email@example.com