Water and Sanitation Program (WSP) / World Bank
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: May 8, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The Water and Sanitation Program (WSP) is an international partnership administered by The World Bank and supported by more than 14 donor agencies. (see www.wsp.org) In India, WSP seeks to facilitate and support an initiative which includes a national civil society dialogue on drinking water and sanitation, and a major national advocacy program to build public awareness of both water problems and solutions. Strategic communication is now recognized as an instrument to accelerate water supply and sanitation sector development: it plays a facilitative role, including providing the structures and mechanisms for critical aspects such as policy dialogue, advocacy, stakeholder consultation, consensus building, knowledge management and behavior change.
WSP-SA requires the services of a well qualified and experienced communications consultant to assist the task team in designing, implementing and monitoring the rollout of the Water Supply & Sanitation Sector Reform Communications plan for India and to provide strategic communications support to national, state and local governments based on requests received.
Chief Qualifications and experience
• The tasks will require familiarity with the large body of knowledge on water issues in India, and ability to present complex issues in a succinct and persuasive manner.
• At least 13 - 15 years of work experience in a multi-country environment out of which at least two years should have been in a multi-lateral environment
• State of the art knowledge in the field of communications and public affairs, and ability to conceptualize, design and implement major campaigns and strategies, and provide advice on public management of sensitive issues.
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills, and the ability to create and deliver messages, and present and defend contentious ideas and positions.
• Proven ability to identify and strategically engage with diverse audiences, in particular the NGO and development community besides parliamentarians, business organizations, academics, young professionals, and other opinion leaders
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
• Highly fluent in English and Hindi.
Interested candidates should apply with their latest CVs. The last date for receiving CVs is 8 May, 2009. Please send your covering letter/ CV to email@example.com with the following text in subject line “STC/Communications”