Programme Director - Health
Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation
Last Date: May 28, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Organization : NAROTAM SEKHSARIA FOUNDATION
Job Title : PROGRAMME DIRECTOR – HEALTH
Location : Foundation office in Mumbai
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation is a not-for-profit organization set up by an endowment from Mr. Narotam Sekhsaria. Established on September 19, 2002, the Foundation designs its own programmes in the areas of Health, Education and Employment Generation and also supports on-going projects of various organizations; so as to ensure sustainable impact in society, capacity building for the future and promote excellence.
The broad objectives of the Foundation are to: (a) ensure “health for all” by facilitating research, capacity building, action and communication on various aspects of health; (b) promote education, research and training by supporting educational institutions and by granting scholarships and fellowships; (c) undertake activities generating livelihood, employment opportunities, and enterprising skills for the upliftment of the marginalized and disadvantaged sections of the society; and (d) carry out philanthropic activities for the welfare of society.
Reason to hire
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation has significantly grown in its involvement in health initiative over the years and would now be keen to formalize the health care vertical and to organize it as a separate unit in the organization.
The Foundation seeks to hire Programme Director - Health; who will be responsible for providing strategic vision & leadership towards the design & implementing of health programmes and strengthen the Foundation’s endeavour to actively participate & monitor health sector programming in India. The incumbent will be responsible to:
• Create a strategic road map for the healthcare vertical in line with the needs of India and the vision of the Foundation.
• Screen proposals on healthcare & recommend projects that must be supported.
• Monitor and manage the support given to projects at various stages.
• Build a network of senior health professionals & manage multiple stakeholder relationships across the health/NGO sector.
• Identify opportunities for training and capacity building in healthcare.
• Manage financial outlay of approximately 3 crores annually for healthcare projects. Few specific projects with hospitals will have an outlay of 10 crores + on a case to case basis.
• Postgraduate degree (preferably in health) from a recognized institution, with minimum of 12 years of experience in managing programmes in the social sector.
• Strong understanding of public health issues in the country.
• Strong relationship management skills with multiple partners like NGO’s, Healthcare Institutions & Government.
• Demonstrated leadership skills; with ability to lead & motivate team members
• Strong programme management skills with experience in designing & implementing monitoring & evaluation tools, reporting frameworks and financial/ budgetary planning mechanisms.
• Very strong written & verbal communication skills in English.
Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tel: +91 22 2437 1068/2437 1194. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.