Director - Business Development
Last Date: May 30, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Date of Issue : 27 April 2009
Closing Date : 30 May 2009
Job Title : Director - Business Development
Organization: Smile Foundation
Duty Station: Delhi
Experience : Minimum 7- 8 years of Experience in Fundraising, Concept Selling & Business Communications
The incumbent should have following attributes:
• An innate ability to gather and analyze information about private sector donor policies, trends and preferences; keep abreast of private sector corporate social responsibility (CSR) movements
• Capacity to formulate strategies, develop concepts and proposals for private sector’s participation in various development programmes of Smile.
• Ability to forecast levels of donor contributions based on systematic gathering and updating of relevant information.
• Foresight to assess the latest trends and developments in the field including the activities of competitors and alert management of Smile on relevant issues of importance.
• Ability to liaise with Corporate, Institution, INGOs, NGOs, governmental agencies, stakeholders, economic forums, business forums and high level authorities/dignitaries to engage them in SMILE’s policy priorities, as required.
• Expertise to mobilize resources for the programme; negotiate contributions; keep donors informed of key policy and operational issues of importance to the programme; prepare funding proposal.
• Adequate Public relation skills to maintain contacts with media and also attend to advocacy, communications and queries as and when required.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a seasoned individual preferably a postgraduate in management who enjoys the challenge of achieving assigned targets on a regular basis. Go-getters with a very high level of interpersonal and organizational skills would fit the bill. Proven professional experience (minimum eight years) in international development, donor aid programmes or related fields preferably including fundraising is desired. Public relations/advocacy, media work experience within the private sector will be an asset. An excellent command over written & spoken English with a working knowledge of Hindi and a local language is imperative.
Candidates with relevant experience and expertise may please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.