Coordinator – Executive Office
Location: New Delh, India
Last Date: May 3, 2009
Plan India is a child-centered development organization that aims to promote Child Rights and improve the quality of life of vulnerable children. The basis of Plan’s work lies in its commitment to the principle of equality and rights, developing the capacity of civil society to enable them to meet their needs and replicating successful models that have worked.
Plan India is looking to recruit motivated development practitioners to share Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies, which respect people’s rights and dignity.
Title : Coordinator – Executive Office
Reports to : Administration Manager
Grade : C
Communicate and coordinate, on behalf of the Country Director (CD) and the Executive Director (ED) on routine general and programmatic matters.
1. Coordinate administrative work related to documentation and communication on behalf of the CD and ED.
• Collate MIS for Country Management Team Meetings
• Compile and prepare information and data for regular reporting, e.g. Quarterly Report
• Respond to straight forward correspondences, queries and enquiries
• Coordinate monthly staff meetings in the Country Office
• Maintain a database of key stakeholders and share information regularly
• Organize filing and archive system of relevant documents
2. Liaise internally and externally to ensure smooth functioning of the Executive Office.
• Internal: Communicate with different departments/RO/IH
• External: Liaise on behalf of the CD with partners/PU/INGOs/Embassies/Government Departments and other major stakeholders
• Coordinate logistics for International visitors and Plan employees from other countries
3. Assist the Administration Manager in documentation and maintaining the archives for administrative and policy records
• Assist in the preparation of policy and administrative documents as per organisational requirements.
• Maintain a database of partner contracts / agreements for audit and organisational requirements.
• Support the Administration Manager in formulating policies as required.
Coordination of demands from different departments and stakeholders
• Ability to work calmly under pressure as a pre-requisite.
• Effective communication skills – oral and written
• Strong coordination skills
• High capacities in task prioritization and time management
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, determine short term priorities and deliver consistently on deadlines
• Meticulous in handling files
• Comfortable with working as a member of a culturally diverse team
• Fluency in English and Hindi is essential
Preferred Experience & Qualification/s:
• Graduate Degree with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Total work experience of at least 5 years or more, preferably in the development field
• Good knowledge of working on MS office
Compensation and Employment:
Plan India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please login and submit your application for the position of “COORDINATOR - EXECUTIVE OFFICE” at
http://careers.planindiaapps.org/login.aspx . Last date for sending applications is 3rd May, 2009.
“Children are at the heart of everything we do”