Deputy Director of Training
Micro Insurance Academy
Location: New Delhi, India
Last Date: May 15, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Offer of Employment – Deputy Director of Training
Closing date: 15 May 2009 or ASAP
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Micro Insurance Academy is a Delhi-based Charitable Trust (NGO) dedicated to training, research, and advisory services for microinsurance units serving the poor. At present, we are the first and only institution dedicated to training community-based micro health insurance schemes in insurance domain knowledge.
We empower communities to protect livelihoods using microinsurance. In a nutshell, “we help communities manage risks from the ground up.”
Learn more about the Micro Insurance Academy & our work in microinsurance by visiting our website: http://www.microinsuranceacademy.org
About the Job:
The MIA is a rapidly expanding Indian NGO based in New Delhi. In order to keep pace with our growth, we seek to appoint a Deputy Director of Training.
The incumbent will lead a team of Training Specialists and report to the Director (Research & Training). The incumbent will deal with all matters related to MIA’s training activities, including:
• Coordinate the development of training material on community based microinsurance:
o Steer and finalize the work on pending training modules in a streamlined manner;
o Initiate the work on supporting material like handbooks and guidelines;
o Initiate work on new modules;
o Develop training of trainer modules for end client modules.
• Develop and integrate training for an IT based MIS into the existing training modules.
• Assure proper use of the existing materials in the various training activities of MIA.
• Update material based on lessons learned in implementation.
• Any other related task as instructed to by the responsible supervisor.
• A commitment to MIA’s mission and values;
• An understanding of grassroots realities in India;
• A Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferably Social Development, Social Work, Education, Sociology, Rural Development or related subjects;
• Excellent writing and speaking communication skills in English;
• At least 10 years experience in training, development or related work;
• Experience in team management;
• Ability to set and adhere to timelines;
• Affinity to detail while keeping the overall picture in mind;
• Ability to think “out-of-the-box” and develop innovative solutions;
• Proficient computer skills (the MIA is transitioning towards an open-source environment);
• Demonstrated high professional and ethical standards
The MIA will offer a competitive package of salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills.
To apply, please be sure to follow the following simple instructions:
1. Email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
2. The subject line of your email should be “Deputy Director of Training Application”
3. Please mention current and expected salary in your cover letter
4. Please mention earliest possible start date in your cover letter.