Children's Movement for Civic Awareness
Last Date: May 28, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
5 cities... ... 285 civic clubs... welcome to a world of active citizenship - children engaging in the democratic process and in civic issues! Welcome to the world of CMCA where Civics walks out of the text book and into the daily lives of children.
CMCA believes that children have the potential to be epicentres of change and can influence those who surround them. As members of civic clubs, children spread ripples of awareness!
Children’s Movement for Civic Awareness is a programme to sensitise children to civic issues. Started in the year 2000 by two NGOs Public Affairs Centre and Swabhimana, CMCA has now 75 clubs in Bangalore, which are part of the programme. The main aim of CMCA is to educate and engage young people actively in the process of reclaiming civic virtues and citizenship in their city and complement the ongoing efforts of civil society organisations in that direction. In addition, CMCA also has programmes in Mumbai, Hubli-Dharwad, Mysore and Hosur.
CMCA is looking at building its team. Currently we require a Zonal coordinator. As Zonal Coordinator you will be expected to:
1. Assist in Volunteer management:-
• Induction and profiling of new volunteers
• Capacity building/ Training
• Support to and mentoring of volunteers (backup for sessions, school campaigns, liaison with school management etc)
• Tracking the performance of volunteers (reports, etc)
• Conducting monthly meetings of the volunteers in the zones
2. Assistance to organize major events of CMCA such as Josh, Inspiration, etc.
3. Regular visit to CMCA member schools in the zones (induction, launches, liaison with principal, participate in sessions etc.)
4. Assist in the publication of “expressions@cmca, the quarterly newsletter of CMCA
5. Be aware of the activities of the clubs in the zones at any point of time
6. Manage a system to document the processes and activities of civic clubs in the zones and generate quarterly and annual reports thereof
7. Provide assistance to other activities especially when deadlines have to be met or when other team members are on leave of absence
8. Participate in and contribute to CMCA staff and core team meetings
9. Assist the core team in the formulation of curriculum, design of session content and creation of session aids such as flash cards, SC & M etc.
1. A graduate with at least 2 years working experience.
2. Computer skills and experience using MS Office
3. Ability to work with a large group of volunteers
4. Event management skills
5. Good writing and documentation skills
6. High level of fluency in English is a must
7. Knowledge of spoken kannada is an advantage.
8. Awareness of civic and environmental issues will be an advantage
9. Possessing a two wheeler will be an added advantage
If you feel you are a highly motivated and committed individual who wants to contribute to social change and also happen to fulfill the above requirements, kindly email or post your resume to the following address with a covering letter indicating the expected salary.
ONLY CANDIDATES FROM BANGALORE NEED APPLY.