Location: Navi Mumbai
Last Date: May 15, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Job Description - Program Manager
Bhavishya Alliance (www.bhavishya.org.in) in collaboration with partners and key stakeholders is currently piloting a set of initiatives to demonstrate and institutionalize a better way of solving child malnutrition in Maharashtra. And soon plans to advocate the replication of successful pilots with the government with value-added support of other multi-sectoral partners.
In this endeavour Bhavishya Alliance wishes to recruit a Program Manager to lead few pilot initiatives that could be replicated in a sustainable manner.
The Program Manager will assist the Director General of State Nutrition Mission and CEO Bhavishya Alliance in developing and executing value-added pilot projects that address the problem of child under nutrition, support in monitoring and lead the evaluation processes.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Development of the pilot programs / projects that address multi-faceted causative issues relating to child malnutrition
• Initiating the projects with all necessary pre-project activities
• Providing implementation support to partners in executing the projects
• Monitoring of project activities on regular basis
• Documenting the progress, learning and sharing them
• Planning and executing evaluation
• Preparing replication plan based on successes and challenges
Contacts/ Key Relationships:
• Bhavishya Alliance Staff
• Partners in the Alliance, including those supporting and implementing the Projects including various functionaries of government departments, esp., ICDS, Health & Family Welfare, Zilla Parishads
• Various Resource Teams of the Rajmata Jijau Mother & Child Health & Nutrition Mission and Bhavishya Alliance
Qualifications and Experience
• Postgraduate Degree in Social Work / Public Health / Nutrition / Business Administration or equivalent
• About 10 years experience of managing and implementing programs at a progressively senior level
• Experience of working in partnerships desirable.
• Excellent Oral & Written Communication Skills in English is a must; good knowledge of Marathi (conversational and written) is preferred.
Compensation will be at par with the best norms of social development sector.
Place of Posting: Bhavishya Alliance Office, Navi Mumbai. This position involves frequent travel to the project areas across Maharashtra and India
Reports to: Director General, Rajmata Jijau Mother & Child Health & Nutrition Mission and CEO, Bhavishya Alliance
Interested applicants shall send their CVs to Suryakant@bhavishyaalliance.org.in along with a short write up in about 300 words on “Why (s)/he suits best for this assignment”