Location: New Delhi
Last Date: April 28, 2009
Plan India is a child-centered development organization that aims to promote Child Rights and improve the quality of life of vulnerable children. The basis of Plan’s work lies in its commitment to the principle of equality and rights, developing the capacity of civil society to enable them to meet their needs and replicating successful models that have worked.
Plan India is looking to recruit motivated development practitioners to share Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies, which respect people’s rights and dignity.
JOB TITLE : Accounts Coordinator
DEPARTMENT : Finance
GRADE : C
LOCATION : Country Office, New Delhi
REPORTING TO : Accounts Manager
Ensure efficient Implementation all the financial policies and procedures by assuring monitoring and analyzing Budgetary compliances and timely appraising management through appropriate mechanisms.
Nature and Scope:
Assisting SAO in efficiently Implementing all the financial policies and procedures relating to:
• Monitoring budgetary compliances and appraising management through appropriate mechanisms;
• Complying to regional & International headquarters requirements timely and accurately.
Ensuring compliance in all financial transactions is as per the approved budgets and report to the management on the same.
• Ensure Plan’s Internal Control systems are followed at country office and zonal offices.
• Creating accounts lines in the Corporate Accounting System as per the approved Project outlines.
• Review of exception reports to ensure data integrity between GL & PPM and inform SAO about the variances.
• Ensure all the monthly closure files are received from all program units for monthly closure of Accounts.
• Review of trial balances received from all program units and follow-ups for any deviations.
• Informing the SAO about the variances observed in budget management followed by various offices.
• Assist in Preparation and issue of Management reports promptly and accurately.
Ensuring timely disbursement of funds to NGO Partners directly handled by country office and capacity building of NGO as per requirements
• Reviewing of Financial Statements, viz. utilization certificates etc., of NGO partners
• Ensure community liquidations related to NGO partners are done on an on going basis as per laid down procedures.
• Promptly highlight exceptions on above to line manager for corrective action
• Be part of the assessment of NGO selection process.
Preparing relevant reports in a timely manner for approval in line with organizational requirements and norms
• Preparation of monthly MIS reports as per the required formats and suggest corrective actions in case of variances.
• Preparation of Monthly/Quarterly/yearly, Financial/Accounts reports in the approved manner.
• Assist in preparing the year end financial reports for submission to the Asia regional office in the prescribed formats.
• Assists in preparation of Budgets, Budget Modifications (CAT) & Field Financial Management Report (FFMR) etc., for the country as per the prescribed formats.
• Assists in Facilitation of Audit Process and preparation of schedules related to Statutory Audit in the prescribed formats.
Support capacity building of Partner NGO’s and program staff for smooth implementation of the project and proper utilization of financial resources
• Providing Need based support to partner staff directly managed by country office in terms of training on financial management systems and strengthen/develop their policies and procedures for ensuring proper budgetary control, accounting, funds and assets management.
• Provide support to Program Department in preparation of agreements with NGO’s & Consultants.
• Support Program Unit team and country office staff in the preparation, consolidation and analysis of Budgets and expenditures in accordance with laid down procedures
Provide backup support to peer positions as and when needed for smooth functioning of the finance department.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Graduate degree in Commerce, MBA preferred;
• Minimum of five years experience in Finance/Accounts department. NGO experience preferred;
• Good communication skills and a team player;
• Good to excellent skills in Tally Package, MS Word and Excel;
• Basic knowledge of FCRA and other accounting & legal requirements;
• Good analytical mind with an eye for detail and a number cruncher;
• Ability to train staff of NGOs on accounting systems and procedures;
• Fluency in writing, reading and speaking both English and Hindi;
• Sensitivity towards gender, children and related social development programs;
Compensation and Employment:
Plan India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please login and submit your application for the position of “ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR” at http://careers.planindiaapps.org/login.aspx. Last date for sending applications is 28th April, 2009.
“Children are at the heart of everything we do”