Last Date: May 2, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
ActionAid is an international development organisation supporting development initiatives in 44 countries across the world and works with poor and marginalised people to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustice and inequity that cause it.
Set up in India in 1972, ActionAid operates out of 12 Regional Offices spread across 24 States and 1 Union Territory.
ActionAid India wishes to recruit an Accounts Officer to be based at Ahmedabad.
Main Job Responsibilities:-
- Monthly submission of accounts and maintenance of accounting system for all 3 entities i.e. ActionAid India (AAI), ActionAid Association (AAA) and ActionAid India Society (AAIS), wherever applicable.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual Utilization Reports for donor based projects and adhering to the financial procedures of donors.
- Management of cash and bank of regional office and work as custodian of financial policies and procedure manual.
- Managing advances and planning cash flows for regional office and report status of staff advances to HR on a monthly basis.
- Settling payments for vendors and suppliers and meeting statutory compliances.
- Preparation of monthly MIS report and sharing with regional team.
- Managing utilizations of the partners and submission of disbursement requests to Country Office.
- Enhancing capacity building of the partners by regularly conducting trainings.
- Assisting Country Office by participating in Financial Appraisals and Reviews.
- Recording partners utilizations in the Accounts Software and submitting to Country Office Finance regularly.
- Advising regional program staff during Plans & Budget (P&B) and attending P&B meetings.
- Ensuring that all partners are financially reviewed atleast once every year and sharing report with Regional Manager and Director Finance.
- Reviewing partners audit reports and follow up on compliance reports and sharing status with Director Finance regularly.
- Maintenance of fixed assets and conduct physical verification and keeping insurance records update and update Country Office Finance Team.
The Ideal Candidate should-:
- be M Com/ICWA (inter) or any other equivalent qualification.
- have at least 3 - 5 years relevant work experience.
- have effective communication skills, ability to work in a team and sound management skills.
- have proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- be systems-driven and fulfill requirements of quality and timeliness in output.
- be willing to travel.
Please send your application, only on our Standard Application Form available on our website: http://www.actionaidindia.org/ through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 2 May 2009. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for the selection process.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity and diversity sensitive employer and women, persons with disability, SC/ST/ OBC/Muslim candidates are especially encouraged to apply.