State Operations Research Advisor - Uttar Pradesh
Location: Lucknow, India
Last Date: April 30, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Futures Group has worked in more than 60 developing countries to build local capacity to design and implement effective strategies to address critical development issues since its inception in 1971. We have earned a reputation as a global leader in public health, including reproductive health and HIV/AIDS.
We invite applications from qualified candidates for the position of State Operations Research Advisor - Uttar Pradesh under the IFPS Technical Assistance Project (ITAP). The focus of the project is on improving access to affordable quality family planning and reproductive and child health services by promoting and developing public/private partnership mechanisms. Some of these mechanisms include voucher system, social franchising, mobile health vans, clinic-based NGO projects and social marketing.
Location: Lucknow, India
Status: Full time position
Job code: Application for FGI/UP/SORM/2009
Broad Job Responsibilities: The candidate will be required to:
1. Provide technical assistance to different agencies, public as well private, to design operations research covering various PPP mechanisms in the state;
2. Conduct base-line and end-line surveys of projects and monitor data collection to ensure high quality data;
3. Provide technical assistance to State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency (SIFPSA) in conducting assessments and evaluations under the IFPS project.
4. Develop tools, pre-test them, conduct trainings of investigators and coordinate with research agencies for the studies being conducted;
5. Conduct special studies on public-private partnership mechanisms and other health interventions;
6. Maintain information base on health indicators at the national level and state level;
7. Document processes followed to implement PPP mechanisms in the state;
8. Coordinate with donors and other agencies working in Uttar Pradesh; and
9. Travel as required, in-country as to monitor field activities, attend related conferences, and report on project activities.
The selected candidate will report to the State Representative, Uttar Pradesh office.
Qualifications: The candidate must be a post-graduate degree in statistics, social science, demography, public health or related field.
Work Experience: The candidates should have a minimum work experience of 5 years. Experience in health sector will be an added advantage
Preferred Competencies: The candidate should be well versed in Hindi and English and must possess excellent writing skills in English. Additionally, Candidate should have a good knowledge of statistical analysis and design of evaluation and operations research studies and knowledge of data analysis software.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 30, 2009
Interested candidates must please mail their resumes, mentioning the job code on the envelope, along with a one-page cover note to:
Mr. Ajay Kumar
Futures Group International India Pvt. Ltd.
Building No. 10B, 5th Floor,
DLF Cyber City Phase II, Gurgaon – 122 002
Or email the same, with the job code as the subject matter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates will be communicated through e-mail.
Futures Group International is an equal opportunities employer.