United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: May 1, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, invites applications for the following position:
Title: COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT
Location: New Delhi
Duration: Two Years
Closing Date: 1st May 2009
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Communication Section, perform the following tasks:
1. Receive, and screen incoming mail, including e-mail, for the attention of the supervisor, attaching related background papers where appropriate. Bring urgent or important matters to the immediate attention of the supervisor/s, and maintain confidentiality as required.
2. Arrange and keep track of appointments, meetings, other important events for supervisor(s); Monitor deadlines where necessary. Collate and organise data and information.
3. Type/draft of standard correspondence, reports, matrix, statements etc. Prepare presentations, graphs, etc.
Support for Workshops/Seminar/Special Events:
1. Send invitations for workshops/seminars/special events to participants
2. Follow up with invitees
3. Make travel arrangements for out station participants, arrange transportation
4. Assemble info material, prepare kits
5. Set up information/display counter at site
6. Handle reception desk and in-charge of logistics at press conferences & meets
7. Organise workshops & provide full logistic backup during meetings
8. Take notes and summarise discussions
9. Check TA’s of participants and disburse of funds
1. Maintain and update on regular basis electronic data mailing lists of Media, Parliamentarians, NGOs, Station Directors of DD/AIR, Embassies, State Resident Commissioners, Interlocutor persons etc. and print out addressee labels.
2. Undertake mailings of publications handled by Project Officers.
Support to media related work:
1. Following up with journalists
2. Making travel arrangements
3. Liaising with Field Offices for follow up on visit arrangements
4. Accompanying them to provide logistic support during visits
5. Following-up on coverage in the media.
6. Supporting POs in preparing background material for journalists.
Assist in web based research:
1. Coordinate media monitoring agency work and inputs
2. Retrieval of various data/info on UNICEF and the issues concerning children
3. Sorting, cataloguing, filing and retrieval of information
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies required:
1. Secondary School education with additional training in secretarial skills, including computer based applications.
2. Four to five years’ practical experience of :
- clerical functions, including typing ability.
- logistic support tasks of meetings/workshop events, information/documentation retrieval, filling and collation.
- liaising & sustaining contacts with print/electronic media & follow up on Press Releases/Media Advisories for coverage.
- process & procedure of translation/checking into languages and storage of artwork/positives.
3. Good knowledge of English (reading/writing/speaking)
4. Good knowledge of local Indian language (Hindi)
5. Drafting ability for standard correspondence.
6. Window based computer software application
7. Ability to operate the office based equipment.
8. Tact and courtesy in dealing with people specially external and ability to function in
multi cultural environment.
9. Organizational abilities.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may e-mail their applications consisting of a cover and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly indicate the title of the post i.e. “Communication Assistant” on the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF IS A NON-SMOKING WORKING ENVIRONMENT
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY