Tracking Supervisor cum Assistant Data Manager
Prerana Study - St. John's Research Institute
Last Date: April 30, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Position Starting: May-2009
This is a position Tracking Supervisor cum Assistant Data Manager at St. John's Medical College and Hospital.
The Study is a 4-year study involving interviews with People living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs).
The position is part of an international research project entitled "Examining ART adherence issues in
Bangalore, India," conducted by St. John's Medical College & Research Institute in collaboration the
University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). The study aims to understand the factors that influence
medication adherence and the development of drug resistance in patients taking Antiretroviral Treatment (ART).
Tracking Supervisor tasks
Coordinate & be responsible for implementation of the study tracking/ follow up protocol under the supervision of the Project manager.
On a weekly basis identify the study participants who have to be tracked.
Assign follow up study participants to the interviewers.
To update on a regular basis the study tracking form.
To coordinate home visits.
To conduct weekly follow up meetings with study interviewers.
To complete weekly tracking follow up reports.
Assistant Data manager tasks
Assist the Data manager/ Project manager with the management of a longitudinal data set using MS Excel software.
Verification of Primary & Secondary data entry.
Upload the data on the UCSF server on a monthly basis.
Communicate with the UCSF based statistician as needed.
• Fluency in Kannada & English. Knowledge of either Tamil or Telugu is an added advantage.
• Research Experience
• Good knowledge of working with Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in tracking patients or study participants.
• Excellent interpersonal skills & a team player.
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
• Previous experience working with Data.
Salary: Approximately Rs 11,000/- to Rs 13,000/- depending on qualifications & experience.
Interested candidates may send their Biodata to:
Mr Siju Thomas
Prerana-ART Adherence Study
211, 1st Floor, West Wing,
St. John's Medical College, Bangalore 34