Last Date: April 26, 2009
Email: Vacancies@oxfamindia.org (Reference:
About Oxfam India
Oxfam India is a result of the merger of the different Oxfam’s that have been operating in India for the last fifty years as separate entities: Oxfam Trust, Oxfam GB, Oxfam Novib, Oxfam Australia, Oxfam Hong Kong and Intermon Oxfam (Spain). It undertakes all the activities of an Oxfam affiliate: international and national rights-based programming, international and national advocacy and campaigning, humanitarian response and fundraising. As a national member of an international confederation, it plays a strategic role in campaigns and advocacy, both domestically and internationally. Oxfam India aims to be a role model for promoting gender equality and diversity.
Job Title Regional Manager
Department Programme & Advocacy
Level / Pay Band L 2
Contract 2 Year Fixed Term (renewable)
Reports To Programme and Advocacy Director
Scope of Position Strategic management of Oxfam’s programme and resources in West India as part of Oxfam’s national, regional and global programme. Enhance and maintain the quality and impact of programme and programme services in line with organisational standards. Lead on issues as assigned by the Programme and Advocacy Director. Represent Oxfam where appropriate based on delegation by the Programme and Advocacy Director.
Key Responsibilities • Overall responsibility for developing and managing the programme (at Oxfam, it is a strategic mix of activities - funding, advisory, public policy, specialist technical operations and campaigning - that together create a lasting impact on poverty and suffering) across the states of Gujarat, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh within the agreed programme priorities and direction for India.
• Provide leadership to policy advocacy work.
• Monitor security and humanitarian situation and support Programme and Advocacy Director and Humanitarian Manager in planning and delivering appropriate response.
• Ensure highest standards are achieved in programme quality through establishment of monitoring and evaluation systems; and documentation and communication of impact of Oxfam’s programme.
• Take national level programmatic leadership for a priority Oxfam programme theme. The responsibilities include coordination of analysis, thematic programme development and impact tracking.
• As a member of India Management Team Support the Programme and Advocacy Director in analysis of the country context and developing appropriate programme for India.
• Line manage the senior staff members in the regional office and support development of individual staff members as well as the team.
• Manage the finance and assets in the most cost effective manner.
• Develop projects/ programmes for fund raising, and develop and maintain donor relations, ensure compliance to donor reporting agreements.
• Represent Oxfam’s programme to Government, Civil Society bodies etc. as appropriate.
• Ensure implementation of all Oxfam’s policies (Gender and Diversity, Equal Opportunities etc.) and procedures HR (Performance Management), Finance, Internal and external reporting requirements etc.)
• Be responsible for overall administration of the office and compliance to statutory and legal requirements.
Qualifications and Experience • Eight years experience of which at least 4 are in the development sector and at least 2 years experience as a Manager.
• Mature understanding of grassroots and national development policy issues with a holistic knowledge of the economic, political and social environment.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically.
• Skills and ability to develop achievable plans for implementation of National/ Regional strategies within corporate policies, strategies and priorities.
• Proven track record of achieving results, and people management skills
• Ability to contribute to open and accountable management relationships.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as member of a diverse team.
• Financial management and information technology skills.
• Understanding and experience of applying gender and diversity issues in development and commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Fluency in written and spoken English with competency in other relevant language.
• Awareness of own strengths and areas of weakness and evidence of self managed learning.
Relocation During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
Travel Ability to travel within country and abroad as required.
Date Issued 17th April 2009
Approved By Ratna Vishwanathan
All applications should be sent to Vacancies@oxfamindia.org
All applicants to put “Ref. Name of the Position” as the subject line
All applications should have the covering letter and the CV as one attachment, in a word format.
The deadline for receiving applications for all the three positions is 26 April 2009