Donor Services Officer
Last Date: April 26, 2009
Email: Vacancies@oxfamindia.org (Reference:
Donor Services Officer
About Oxfam India
Oxfam India is a result of the merger of the different Oxfam’s that have been operating in India for the last fifty years as separate entities: Oxfam Trust, Oxfam GB, Oxfam Novib, Oxfam Australia, Oxfam Hong Kong and Intermon Oxfam (Spain). It undertakes all the activities of an Oxfam affiliate: international and national rights-based programming, international and national advocacy and campaigning, humanitarian response and fundraising. As a national member of an international confederation, it plays a strategic role in campaigns and advocacy, both domestically and internationally. Oxfam India aims to be a role model for promoting gender equality and diversity.
Job Title Donor Services Officer
Department Marketing & Communications
Level / Pay Band L-4
Contract 3 Year Fixed Term (renewable)
Reports To Fundraising Manager
Scope of Position To help Oxfam India to work on getting permissions from the corporate in the region to allow the fundraising team to raise revenue from the corporatism by putting stall and through payroll giving.
Key Responsibilities Donor Management
- Responsible for all activities from the process of the donor form signed up by the donor till the donor received the receipt with tax exemption certificate
- Train and manage data entry people in improving their activities
- Develop and implement efficient (both in time and money) processes and procedures for the donor management process
- Keep close contact with all agencies, colleagues, banks and other organizations involved in the process
- Create network of other donor management people to know the best systems and processes available
- Keep the data management system up to date conform the requirements for the donor management process, including the contact with the software agency.
- Respond to donors, agencies and employees adequate, friendly, in time and solution driven concerning all their questions related to donor management
- Send the receipts and tax exemption certificates within the agreed timeframe and keep all stationary necessary for it in stock
- Designing all necessary materials in collaboration with communications staff Delhi office
Monitoring and reporting
- MIS through weekly report to line manager
Operational activities with agencies
- Keep close contact with all agencies for resolving operational issues
- Responsible for receiving the required batches and forms from the agencies conform agreed timeframe
- Check and prepare payments to donors
Communications to donor
- Together with communication staff, prepare communication material to donors like email, newsletters, annual report, DM pieces, etc.
- Responsible for sending the agreed communication materials conform the timeframe decided
Other Fundraising activities:
- Participate in new fundraising strategies, overall annual plans, taking up other fundraising activities wherever and whenever needed.
Qualifications and Experience 1. Total 4 years experience required with Fundraising
2. At least 2 years experience in development sector would be desirable.
3. Experience of Donor database Management
4. Have a Social Entrepreneur Approach to non- profit sustainability.
5. Highly performance oriented/ target oriented.
6. Excellent team player, with the ability works in a collaborative and consultative manner.
7. Innovative & Patient.
8. Assumes responsibility and accountability for performance.
9. Confident & Good Telephonic Etiquette.
10. Good Communication Skills in English (both verbal and written).
11. Result driven to reach ambitious growth.
12. Understanding of different fundraising channels like DRTV, Face 2 Face, Telemarketing, Direct Mail, online, etc.
Relocation During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
Travel Ability to travel within country and abroad as required.
Date Issued 17th April 2009
Approved By Ratna Vishwanathan
All applications should be sent to Vacancies@oxfamindia.org
All applicants to put “Ref. Name of the Position” as the subject line
All applications should have the covering letter and the CV as one attachment, in a word format.
The deadline for receiving applications for all the three positions is 26 April 2009