Assistant Manager - Communications
Last Date: May 10, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
We at BASIX are on a mission to promote a large number of sustainable livelihoods, particularly among the rural poor men and women, through provision of financial services and technical assistance in an integrated manner.
BASIX was established in 1996, working in 70 districts in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Delhi and North East, trying to make a difference to the lives millions of rural populations.
To achieve this, we are inviting applications from candidates (below 35 years of age) willing to take this challenge and make a difference to the poor living in rural India. Please visit us at www.basixindia.com
The Assistant Manager - Communications is responsible for the following:
• Documentation of field experiences converted into (a) reports, (b) newsletters, (c) project proposals, (d) position papers, and (e) donor reports;
• Identification of sectors for business intervention, necessary collaboration and identification of key market players;
• Assist other staff in the region to document as required; and
• Capacity development of project staff from time to time around documentation related thematic areas
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the rural development sector.
• Degree in Mass Communication or Development Communication or MBA/M.A. (Sociology)/ MSW/M.Sc. (Agri)/M.V.Sc. (for the right candidate who is having relevant experience, base qualification of the above criteria is not a must).
• Excellent communication and documentation skills is a MUST.
• Qualities of an excellent team player is a MUST.
• Experience in the field of Livelihood promotion will be an added advantage.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Hindi is a MUST. Other regional languages such as Bengali, Oriya, etc. will be an added advantage.
A minimum of three years of relevant experience
At par with the industry as per experience and qualification
The position is Kolkata based with extensive travel.