Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation)
Palmyra Workers Development Society
Location: Marthandam, Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu
Last Date: April 30, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation), PWDS- Alliance Programme, Marthandam
Palmyrah Workers Development Society (PWDS) is one of the Sub Recipients for The Global Fund for AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) Round 6 in Tamil Nadu for implementing HIV/AIDS Community Based Care and Support Programme called CHAHA Project. The overall goal of the project is to reduce the HIV related morbidity and mortality among children and their family and also to address the impact of HIV on children. The project aims at improving care and support services to children living with HIV/AIDS and children affected by HIV/AIDS to enable interventions, which keep them with their parents or extended families. Towards achieving this goal, the project offers to provide a package of services, through 12 partner NGOs in 10 districts, to the children for education, nutrition, income generation, facilitation of access to ART. The foster care and family care also would be provided as part of the package for children.
PWDS wishes to recruit a Programme Officer (M&E) for CHAHA Project based at Marthandam, Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu. The position is on one year contract with a possibility of further renewal.
Minimum Qualifications and skills:
1) Post Graduate degree in Social Sciences/ Social Work/ Business Management with excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access with 5 years of experience in non profit sector
2) Data analysis skill using software packages like SPSS, Epi Info™ etc.
3) Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation of projects with sound knowledge in LFA
4) Excellent command over English and Tamil with proven ability to communicate
5) Previous experience in performance based funding and partnership management will be an added advantage
6) Commitment towards PWDS’ Vision, Mission, Child Protection and HIV/AIDS Policies
Key roles and responsibilities:
1) Collect and analyze data and prepare quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to Programme Manager
2) Update and maintain web based MIS at state level
3) Track progress against annual work plan to improve project performance and effectiveness
4) Providing technical support to partner NGOs on M&E system and ensure the quality of the system at field level
5) Documenting qualitative information including case studies and best practices on a regular basis
6) Documenting the minutes/proceedings/reports of the meetings, workshops and seminars
7) Collecting and disseminating information including latest news and updates related to HIV/AIDS
8) Assist Programme Manager in developing new proposals for the organization
Gross Salary: Rs. 21,500/ pm
This position involves travel in southern districts of Tamil Nadu.
Interested candidates may send in their CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com. Alternatively, CV along with covering letter mentioning the position applied for could be sent by post within ten days from the release of this advertisement to:
The Secretary, PWDS, Crystal Street, Marthandam, Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu- 629 165.
PWDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and People Living with HIV to apply.