Head of HR/Snr HR Manager
Last Date: May 18, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
The Organisation: Since 1979, Gram Vikas has been working with the poor and marginalised communities towards making sustainable improvements in their quality of life. As an organisation, we serve a population of over 250,000 across 704 habitations in 21 districts of Orissa, one of the poorest states in India. Our key areas of focus are health- especially water and sanitation, education, livelihoods and food security, capacity building and training and renewable energy. Our vision is an equitable and sustainable society where people live in peace with dignity. Our mission is realised through Movement and Action Network through Transformation of Rural Areas (MANTRA) and is to promote processes which are sustainable, socially inclusive and gender equitable, to enable critical masses of poor and marginalised rural people or communities to achieve a dignified quality of life. Networking with partner NGOs both nationally and internationally remains a core strategy for expansion.
Location: Gram Vikas' head office is based on a beautiful wooded campus surrounded by paddy fields against a backdrop of the Kerandimal Hills. The area is close to the coastal resort of Gopalpur on Sea. The nearest city is Berhampur which is around 13km away and is located about 165km south of Orissa's state capital, Bhubaneswar. The Berhampur railway station is called Brahmapur. Nearest airports are at Bhubaneshwar (to the North-east) and Visakhapatnam (in Andhra Pradesh, 250 kms to the south-west).
Head of HR/Snr HR Manager
Overall purpose of the role: To develop and deliver a clear HR strategy for Gram Vikas based on best practice (adherence to Credibility Alliance norms) with particular emphasis on performance management and career development. To provide full generalist HR support to all project areas by managing and developing a team of HR specialists.
• Ensure that effective resource solutions are applied to select the right candidates within the timescales required.
• Plan and implement a recruitment strategy in order to meet the hiring plans in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Set up and manage appraisal/performance management processes to maintain a high performance culture.
• To review and develop the reward strategy on order to attract and retain the right staff and encourage high performance.
• Review and develop the current HR system for greater efficiency and provide management information on a monthly basis.
• Develop and implement an inclusive employee friendly human resources policies.
• To provide employee relations support to the business to effectively resolve employee relations and performance management issues.
• To identify, develop and retain talent within the organization through effective career development and training.
• Additional HR projects and responsibilities as assigned.
• Proven leadership skills to motivate and inspire staff
• Ability to coach and develop others
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• Ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems
• Highly proactive and ability to use own initiative to self manage
• Ability to influence and negotiate effectively and diplomatically
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal) in both Oriya/Hindi and English
• Strong IT skills ie Excel, Word
Experience & Qualifications:
• MBA or Masters degree specializing in HRM
• Strong HRM track record of at least 7-10 years including experience of working at both an operational and strategic level
• Training background advantageous
• Strong NGO/development sector experience or a good understanding of this area
How to apply: Please email your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you fit our requirements to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org