Consultant – Training
Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Last Date: May 1, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
UNOPS helps its partners in the United Nations system meet the world’s needs for building peace, recovering from disaster, and creating sustainable development. UNOPS is known for its ability to implement complex projects in all types of environments around the globe. In an effort to promote organizational excellence, UNOPS seeks highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Post Title Consultant – Training
Post Level Local Individual Contract Agreement (LICA)
Org Unit Norway-India Partnership Initiative (NIPI)-UNOPS
Duty Station Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
1st May, 2009
The Governments of India and Norway have entered into a partnership to work together towards attainment of the Millennium Development Goal 4 (MDG 4) that aims at reducing child mortality worldwide.
The objective of Norway–India Partnership Initiative (NIPI) is to provide catalytic support that would make a strategic and sustainable difference to the rapid scaling up of quality child health services under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in five states that contribute the highest number of child deaths, namely, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan and Utter Pradesh. All activities undertaken under NIPI shall be directed towards fulfilling the goals and objectives of NRHM. NIPI Secretariat led by the Director is hosted by the United Nations Office for Project services (UNOPS). NIPI envisages strengthening of techno-managerial capacity in the States to accelerate child health activities under NRHM/RCH II. This additional human resource forms the Child Health Resource Network (CHRN). This additional manpower will be a part of the NRHM system at the state / district and block level in five focus States (UP, Bihar, MP, Rajasthan and Orissa).
As apart of this initiative, Madhya Pradesh State Health Society has initiated several Child Health interventions under the NRHM framework contributing to MDG 4 goals. The Yashoda intervention at the facility and Home Based Neonatal Care at the home level are two key interventions being implemented following a continuum of care approach.
Training is a key process for operationalising both these interventions and will follow a cascade approach from State to the Block level and will cover Yashodas in 10 district hospitals and ASHAs in 4 districts. The training modules for both the interventions have been developed by NIPI secretariat along with facilitators guide and schedule.
The State needs an independent Training Consultant to facilitate and support these materials to be adapted to the state, conduct and manage a series of training of trainers along with quality assurance of downstream training of Yashodas and ASHAs.
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the NIPI Senior Programme Officer based in Bhopal and under the overall supervision of the National Coordinator, NIPI UNOPS in NIPI Secretariat, New Delhi.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support state office in developing the training calendar for the year and plan budgetary requirements.
• Suitably adapt the centrally developed training materials for ASHA and Yashoda to the state needs.
• Facilitate identification of State level trainers for both Yashoda and ASHA followed by District trainers for Yashoda and Block level trainers for ASHA and follow it up with conducting trainers training for both interventions.
• Keep NIPI secretariat updated about the progress of trainings in the states
• Support states in establishing a monitoring mechanism to ensure quality of training in consultation with state health Society
• Prepare comprehensive checklists for organizing the above trainings.
• Directly supervise a sample of trainings to ensure quality, document the process & provide feedback to improve the training
• Preparing training reports to be shared with the NIPI state office and NIPI secretariat.
Required Selection Criteria
• MBBS with post-graduate degree in Pediatrics/Community Medicine is essential.
Essential: Minimum 15 years’ experience in health program management, planning, training and capacity building aspects in RCH program at National / State level in the Department of Health or /UN organization. The candidate must have the experience of RCH services and have good understanding of health services delivery structure at State, districts and sub district level.
Demonstrates commitment to UNOP’s mission, vision and values
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
• Good understanding of training and training methods
• Good understanding of link between programmatic requirements and development of training.
• Knowledge of State Child Health programmes and NRHM structure
• Skills in development of training design and training evaluation methods
• Proficient in training methods
• Good communication and counseling skills.
• Strong IT Skills
Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and an updated United Nations Personal History Form (P.11) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Kindly indicate the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
* Please note that this is a local post and is open to all nationals of the country of the duty station and to individuals who have a valid work permit.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org.