Child Protection Officer
Last Date: April 28, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
invites applications for the following position
Title: Child Protection Officer
Duty Station: Lucknow
Duration: One year
Purpose of the post:
Incumbent will be responsible for providing capacity building inputs, technical support to the project in areas including: women¡¦s social empowerment; quality education; and child rights, in particular the right to protection from child labour and other forms of exploitation, violence, and abuse.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to the implementation and monitoring of IKEA funded child protection project in Moradabad. Assist in liaising with government counterparts, resource agencies and together with these agencies develop innovative approaches and operational plans for programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
2. Provide capacity building inputs, technical support to the project in areas including: women¡¦s social empowerment; quality education; and child rights, in particular the right to protection from child labour and other forms of exploitation, violence, and abuse
3. Undertake regular field visits to project sites to guide field ¡V based project management staff on key outcomes of the project and interact with government and project stakeholders to ensure that activities are underway in line with the goals set out in the project action plan.
4. Assist in the preparation of project status reports and donor reports; development of key indicators against which outcomes will be measured; development and establishment of a monitoring system that would facilitate UNICEF, IKEA and government and non governmental partners to achieve targets set out in the project plan of action.
5. Coordinate joint review meetings with UNICEF ICO and IKEA or any such visits requested by IKEA.
6. Work closely with the District Administration to ensure the timely delivery of quality services to communities living in the slums and sensitize government functionaries at the district level to promote children¡¦s and women¡¦s rights.
„« University degree in Development Studies/Social Sciences with a particular emphasis on child rights/ protection issues. Knowledge of, and training, in laws pertaining to child labour and protection of children against exploitation will be an added advantage
„« Two years¡¦ professional work experience in project management, including monitoring and coordinating large, integrated women and child focused projects.
„« Good understanding of child protection issues, especially in Uttar Pradesh
„« Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to work in a complex political, social and economic environment.
„« Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of community based needs, particularly in relation to the most disadvantaged communities.
„« Good report writing skills and documentation skills highly desired.
„« Demonstrated experience developing and establishing integrated monitoring tools.
„« Fluency in English and another UN language required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
„« Project management, planning, monitoring and coordination skills; ability to organize work & take on a leadership role in roll out of project activities.
„« Ability to make timely and quality judgments/decisions.
„« Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
„« Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
„« Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF¡¦s mission and professional values.
„« Must demonstrate sufficient experience working successfully in a team environment.
This vacancy is for Indian nationals only. Applications consisting of a covering letter; an up-to-date CV and a completed Personal History form (which can be downloaded from http://www.unicef.org/india/PERSONAL_HISTORY_FORM_P11.doc) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of publication of this advertisement. Please clearly indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY