Human Resources Officer
MSF (Médecins sans Frontières)
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: May 3, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
V A C A N C Y
MSF (Médecins sans Frontières) is an international organisation that offers humanitarian medical aid to victims of emergency and chronic crises and speaks out for their cause. MSF is committed to providing medical aid to populations in distress, to victims of natural and man-made disasters, wars and civil wars without discriminating and irrespective of race, religion, ideology or political affiliation. MSF was awarded the 1999 Nobel Peace Prize for its achievements since its formation in 1971.
The Human Resources department plays a key role in the recruitment, selection, training and development of expatriate staff for our field projects. MSF HR office in India recruits international field staff from South Asia for MSF missions preferably outside the region. The office started in later half of 2006 and has placed approximately 50 volunteers in the field. The office has an annual target of placing 35 volunteers with focus on medical specialists for 2009. Today MSF HR office in India carries out HR activities primarily in India but accepts applications from candidates from South Asia and neighbouring region The activities include: information supply, recruitment & selection, mission placement and career guidance.
MSF HR office in India is a part of HR department of MSF Holland and connected to Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA). The MSF human resources team in India consists of: 1 HR Coordinator, 1 HR Officer and 1 HR Administrator
With immediate effect MSF HR office in India is looking for an experienced
Human Resources Officer (100%)
Together with the Human Resources Coordinator you will be responsible for developing a recruitment strategy for expatriates and for recruiting field staff in South Asian society. Throughout their MSF career you will be a reference person and advisor regarding their personal and functional development. In your capacity as Human Resources Officer you will propose suitable candidates to the pool managers for matching and placement in the MSF projects. In close collaboration with other support departments you will look for innovative possibilities in the (Indian) labour markets to target profiles required by MSF projects in the field. In order to attract and recruit new staff, you will also give presentations about the work of MSF on a regular basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify candidates with required profile according to MSF criteria.
• Carry out recruitment process (screening CVs, shortlist, reference check, telephone interview, Assessment Centre and selection).
• Review and improve selection activities, processes and procedures.
• Maintain regular contact with volunteers before, during and after missions and supply them with support and advise.
• Follow up on the future career planning of each volunteer, including training needs and insure retention.
• Facilitate MSF training placements for selected candidates and keep volunteers informed about available trainings and retention schemes.
• Liaise with pool managers in various operational centres on field vacancies and placement of expats/volunteers
• Write interview reports and update files of individual records of field volunteers.
• Manage field volunteer database in liaison with HR Administrator
• Back up for the HR Administrator (incl. arrangements of tickets, visas, vaccinations, briefing and debriefing).
• Prepare and conduct (de)briefing in liaison with HR Administrator.
• Representation, awareness raising and labour market communication
• Organize and host experience sharing by returned field volunteers.
• Establish and maintain contacts with regional medical and non-medical associations, as well as with relevant universities.
• Carry out labour market analysis
• Carry out recruitment campaigns.
• Produce promotional recruitment and other labour market communication materials
We are looking for a recruiter with international field experience preferably with Médecins sans Frontières or a similar organisation. Medical or Para-medical profile is preferred. The vacancy is a longer term so local/regional candidates will be given preference. This is a fast-paced international environment where you have to be flexible and result driven at the same time. Energy, decisiveness and planning skills are crucial. By nature you are a pro-active team player who can motivate and inspire people. Furthermore you are willing and available to work at irregular hours. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential as well as a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
A contract based on a fulltime appointment in salary according to Indian Salary scale. Other benefits include holidays, training possibilities and insurance.
For more information about this position, please visit MSF India website (www.msfindia.in)
If you are interested in this position and believe that you fit the profile, please send your letter of application and curriculum vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Human Resources Officer’ in the subject line. The application deadline is 03 May 2009.
Interviews will be held in the middle or third week of May.