Training Specialist (Oriya)
Micro Insurance Academy
Location: New Delhi, India
Last Date: May 1, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Offer of Employment – Training Specialist (Oriya)
Closing date: 1 May 2009 or ASAP
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Micro Insurance Academy is a Delhi-based Charitable Trust (NGO) dedicated to training, research, and advisory services for microinsurance units serving the poor. At present, we are the first and only institution dedicated to training community-based micro health insurance schemes in insurance domain knowledge.
We empower communities to protect livelihoods using microinsurance. In a nutshell, “we help communities manage risks from the ground up.”
Learn more about the Micro Insurance Academy & our work in microinsurance by visiting our website: http://www.microinsuranceacademy.org
About the Job:
The MIA is a rapidly expanding Indian NGO based in New Delhi. In order to keep pace with our growth, we seek to appoint an additional Training Specialist (Oriya speaking).
The incumbent will report to the Director (Research & Training), and will deal with matters related to the Academy’s training activities, including:
• Contribute to ongoing development of training material on microinsurance
o Participate in brain storming sessions
o Draft lessons for training modules
o Field checks/material evaluation/pre-tests
o Coordinate with consultants
• Contribute to workshops & training sessions
o Assume lead roles in local workshops & training of trainers
o Contribute to preparation and documentation of workshops
• Any other related task as instructed to by the responsible supervisor
• A commitment to MIA’s mission and values
• A Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferably Social Development, Social Work, Pedagogic, Sociology, Rural Development or related subjects
• Very good writing and speaking communication skills in English and Hindi
• At least 3 years’ experience in training, preferably in rural Orissa.
• Ability to think “out-of-the-box” and develop innovative solutions
• Proficiency in regional dialects are an advantage and should be clearly indictated in the application (including level of proficiency)
• Willingness to travel to rural India
• Ability to work independently within tasks assigned, and as part of a team in terms of collaborative climate and dedication to deliver results
• Proficient computer skills (the MIA is transitioning towards an open-source environment)
• Demonstrated high professional and ethical standards
The MIA will offer a competitive package of salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills.
To apply, please be sure to follow the following simple instructions:
1. Email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
2. The subject line of your email should be “Training Specialist (Oriya) Application”
3. Please mention current and expected salary in your cover letter
4. Please mention earliest possible start date in your cover letter.