Consultant Maternal and Child Nutrition (Part Time)
Vikas Bharti Bishunpur
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand
Last Date: May 5, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Vikas Bharti Bishunpur is a non-profit making non-government organization, working in the development sector since 1983 in multi-dimensional aspects. We are providing Technical Assistance to Government of Jharkhand on Maternal and Child Nutrition. Vikas Bharti will constitute a panel of experts on maternal and child nutrition (called the VATSALYA Consortium) who from time-to-time will provide their consultancy services to Vikas Bharti’s team from district to the state level. Vikas Bharti hereby invites consultants or experts from this sector to put forward their name for this empanelment process. We are looking for experts or specialists in the five major sectors, they are: community mobilization, documentation, maternal health, child health and gender issues. The details of the scope of work and eligibility criterions have been furnished below.
Position: Consultant Maternal and Child Nutrition
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand
Nature of contract: Part-time.
Remuneration: Vikas Bharti will offer a very handsome remuneration on a per day basis. However this will depend upon the experience and qualification of the consultant. The consultant should provide the evidence (contract letter or agreement) of his/her last consultancy charges based on which the consultancy fees will be fixed. Consultancy fees will ne negotiable.
Job description: The consultant will be expected to deliver the following outputs:
1. Designing templates and tools for data collection for need assessment exercise regarding maternal and child nutrition in Jharkhand.
2. Review or assessment of the present BCC/ IEC strategy and materials of the Government of Jharkhand in the context of maternal and child nutrition.
3. Design BCC/ IEC materials for the frontline workers or service providers concerning maternal and child nutrition.
4. Design training modules on maternal and child nutrition for Anganwadi Workers, ANM and their supervisors.
5. Training to frontline workers in the maternal and child nutrition sector on Inter-Personal Communication (IPC) skill development.
6. Development of MIS for the maternal and child nutrition sector for the flow of information from village to the state level and devise strategy for regular data collection and analysis of the same.
7. Training of master trainers to make a pool of trainers who can improve the trainings under the various government programmes concerning maternal and child nutrition.
8. Devise a convergence strategy for the various government departments (like Health and Family Welfare, Women and Child Development, Panchayati Raj, Education and Rural Development) for improvement of the status of maternal and child nutrition in the state.
9. Assisting in capacity building of the Vistaar Project team of Vikas Bharti and its partners.
10. Assistance in developing a system of process documentation for the Vistaar project, which can be taken up by the MIS unit of the Vistaar project.
11. Formulation of a community mobilization strategy for improving the status of maternal and child nutrition.
Eligibility and Qualification:
1. Must be Masters in Public Health/ Social Science/ Economics/ Rural Development or qualification equivalent to it. MBBS and PhD holders will be preferred.
2. Must have a working experience of more than 10 year in the health sector.
3. Publications in reputed national and international journals will be preferred.
4. Computer proficiency is a must, especially in MS Office. Expertise in Statistical Software Packages like SPSS or EP Info will be an additional advantage.
5. Excellent command over English and Hindi language will be mandatory.
6. The person must be well aware of the socio-economic background of the state and the cultural norms and traditions followed by the communities in the context of reproductive and child health.
7. The person must also be a gender expert, aware of the dynamics of gender imbalances and their implication on maternal and child health.
Interested consultants can apply within 15 to 20 days from the date of publication of this advertisement along with a cover letter expressing his/her interest, detailed CV and expected remunerations for providing their services (mention it on per day basis). CV should be addressed to ‘The Secretary Vikas Bharti Bishunpur’ and send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.