Senior Programme Officer
Location: Theni, Tamil Nadu
Last Date: April 30, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER OF DAC TRUST - VACANCY
Job Title: SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER
Organization: DAC TRUST (DEVELOPMENT ACTION CONSORTIUM TRUST)
Job Location: Tamil Nadu - Theni District (India)
Last Date: APRIL 30TH, 2009
email for replies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title : Senior Programme Officer
Responsible to : Programme Director (PD)
DAC TRUST, a network organization channelling overseas funds to NGOs, needs
Senior Programme Officer for Womenís Development Programmes based at Theni , Tamilnadu.
The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for organizing and supervising all field implementation activities of the project. She will be responsible for monitoring the activities of partner NGOs, create linkages of identified and trained community based structures, thereby ensuring community involvement. She will directly report to the Programme Director.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Director (PD), the Senior Programme Officer will be responsible for performing the following functions:
1. Be responsible for effective implementation of Womenís Development Programme by NGO Partners and assist PD in overseeing the effectiveness of all Programmes of DAC Central.
2. Assist in preparation of documents for donor reporting and prepare technical reports on the status of the grant program and new proposals.
3. Ensure systems, procedures and policies with respect to financial management are in place and being followed by all NGO Partners and DAC Central Office.
4. Assist in Assessing training needs of partner NGOs, CBOs and organize training with the help of internal & external resource persons.
5. Ensuring that gender is mainstreamed and integrated into program delivery by Implementing DAC Trustís Gender, Diversity and Equal Opportunities policies.
6. Assist NGOs in identifying and developing viable micro enterprises at the community level and advise on the choice of beneficiaries for these ventures.
7. To undertake capacity building of staff & and beneficiaries in the implementation of IG and Women development activities.
8. Assist in undertaking lobbying and advocacy with Government and other Institutions on appropriate issues
9. To monitor the NGO action plans and develop performance indicators
10. To strengthen the existing MIS at the group level and also at the NGO level.
11. To advise on the group credit / savings systems, cluster / federation IG grants
12. To monitor and advise use of funds (from DAC / NGO/Banks/Others) for IG activities.
13. To liaison with the government agencies & financial institutions and develop strategies for influencing micro credit policies.
14. Complete other related duties as assigned by the Programme Director and support the Organisationís Diversity programmes.
15. Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls with regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
Requested Qualification and Experience:
a holder of a PG Diploma in any field and have 5-8 years experience in management of projects (DACT is an equal opportunities employer).
have proven experience in project proposal writing based on project management cycle, and have knowledge of statutes and rules pertinent to the NGO sector.
have experience in impact orientated reporting and are fluent in written and spoken English and Tamil.
have core personal values on gender equality, Dalit, non judgemental in attitude and have a participatory style.
are willing to make an absolute commitment to work for a minimum of three years and preferably longer.
have clear references from people who are willing to be contacted over phone and to reply to specific questions in writing.
COMPENSATION OFFERED: Competitive and in alignment with compensation practices of similar national NGOs. (Around Rs.20,000/-)
LOCATION OF VACANCY: Theni, Theni District. Residence within the District is essential.
Please apply with references and the one page covering letter described above before 30th April to : email@example.com