Scientific Associate - Qualitative Research
Institute for Rural Research and Development (IRRAD)
Location: Gurgaon with field travel
Last Date: April 30, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Scientific Associate – Qualitative Research
Rural Research Center, IRRAD
The Sehgal Foundation, registered as a trust since 1999, is one of the leading nonprofit organizations working in the Mewat District of Haryana. The Foundation's mission is to help reduce poverty and improve the quality of life in rural India through its think tank centre, the Institute of Rural Research And Development(IRRAD).
IRRAD aims to implement Integrated Sustainable Village Development (ISVD) in select village clusters, builds capacity in rural development, undertakes rural research and improves village governance, and serves as a premier knowledge institution for rural development and poverty reduction in India.
The Rural Research Center at IRRAD works towards strengthening everyday activities of the other centers in ensuring targeted interventions, as well as in establishing IRRAD as a globally recognized think tank through linkages formed with academia, research institutes and other organizations through effective and targeted research.
IRRAD’s research is Action Research with a strong grassroots focus. In the process of expanding the rural research center, IRRAD wishes to hire a Scientific Associate – qualitative research.
Roles of the Scientific Associate – Qualitative Reesarch
• Work closely with the Senior Scientist of the center in developing long and short term research projects.
• Contribute in impact assessment of programs.
• Active interaction with Program Leaders of the capacity building center and Policy, Governance and Advocacy Center to aid effective and need based research.
• Participate in designing research tools, training and actual conduct of field surveys.
• Participate in analysis and publication of research papers with the senior scientist.
• Mobilize resources for long term and large scale projects.
• Willingness to innovate in research.
• Strong fund raising skills, able to forge external and mutually beneficial linkages within the key working areas of IRRAD.
• Willing to do extensive field work and participate in primary data collection.
• Knowledge and experience of designing and conductive research through qualitative research methodology, PRA techniques.
• Commitment to excel
• Knowledge of rural dynamics and poverty related issues.
• Use of qualitative analysis software.
Education and experience:
At least 2 years’ experience as a qualitative researcher at a research institute, university, NGO or other development organizations. With specific experience in qualitative design, moderation, analysis and research reporting skills. Previous publications will be an added advantage.
Masters in Sociology, Demography, Rural Development, Social Work, etc. (Fresh MPhil and PhDs can apply as well).
This is a full time position based in Gurgaon with part travel to the field areas. Outstation candidates should be willing to relocate to Gurgaon/Delhi.
Salaries for this position is highly competitive and the best in the nonprofit sector. IRRAD fosters gender and social equity. Therefore, women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Those with required background and qualifications may submit their resume and a 1000 word essay explaining why you would like to work for IRRAD: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line SAQLR
Apply by 30th April, 2009
For more details on our work visit: www.irrad.org or www.smsfoundation.org