The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union)
Location: New Dehli, India
Last Date: April 30, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) is an international scientific organisation headquartered in Paris, France since 1920. The Union has been a leader in the field of tuberculosis since its establishment and works closely with the World Health Organization. Its scientists developed the internationally recommended TB control strategy, known as DOTS, which, since 1993, has been implemented in 182 countries for treating nearly 22 million patients. The Union is also one of the partners of the Bloomberg Global Initiative to reduce Tobacco use. The Union provides direct technical assistance to 53 countries, conducts clinical trials, organises international conferences and training courses, manages the Fund for Innovative DOTS Expansion through Local Initiatives to Stop TB (FIDELIS) and publishes the peer reviewed International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. For more information visit our web site: http://www.theunion.org/.
The Union is seeking qualified local candidates for the position of Project Accountant (ref PA NW01) to be posted in Delhi at our Union South East Asia office. The position is on an initial one year contract with a possibility of further renewal.
Within our Union South East Asia regional office, she or he will perform all accounting and financial management processes related to specific Tobacco control projects in India.
• Follow standard operating procedures for financial management set up within the Union.
• Monthly cash forecasting.
• Make all payments and maintain all the books of accounts.
• Maintain salary and salary related reimbursement records.
• Prepare and send expenditure and funds flow statements to parties before each month.
• Provide daily MIS of financial transactions.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly TDS statements.
• Must be well versed in excel and make statements as and when required by the management.
• Any other duties, as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
• Post Graduation (M. Com) / B.Com or equivalent, with 3-5 years demonstrated experience in handling accounting processes
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written in Hindi and English
• A sound understanding of the processes and considerations involved in a non profit organisation with a proactive approach to problem-solving and attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Excel, word, outlook)
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment, multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Position available immediately. Interested candidates should send a resume/CV, cover letter and salary expectations by e-mail email@example.com