The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union)
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: April 30, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) is an international scientific organisation headquartered in Paris, France since 1920. The Union has been a leader in the field of tuberculosis since its establishment and works closely with the World Health Organization. Its scientists developed the internationally recommended TB control strategy, known as DOTS, which, since 1993, has been implemented in 182 countries for treating nearly 22 million patients. The Union is also one of the partners of the Bloomberg Global Initiative to reduce Tobacco use. The Union provides direct technical assistance to 53 countries, conducts clinical trials, organises international conferences and training courses, manages the Fund for Innovative DOTS Expansion through Local Initiatives to Stop TB (FIDELIS) and publishes the peer reviewed International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. For more information visit our web site: http://www.theunion.org/.
The Union is seeking qualified local candidates for the position of Grants Administrator (ref GA NW01) to be posted in Delhi at our Union South East Asia office. The position is on an initial one year contract with a possibility of further renewal.
Within our Union South East Asia regional office, s/he will perform tasks related to grants management and implementation.
• Assist in the design, development and implementation of grants under contract.
• Assist in program monitoring and evaluation in the context of grants management policies, procedures and practices.
• Analyze and evaluate grant application, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
• Liaise with appropriate authority for filing of different tax returns.
• Coordinate with auditors and provide necessary support as and when needed.
• Any other duties, as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Job Requirements :
• Chartered Accountancy, MBA (Finance) or equivalent with minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in grants design and management
• Prior experience in managing contracts and grants will be a strong advantage
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in Hindi and English
• A sound understanding of the processes and considerations involved in a non profit organisation with a proactive approach to problem-solving and attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Excel, word, outlook)
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment, multi-task and work under tight deadlines;
How to Apply
Position available immediately. Interested candidates should send a resume/CV, cover letter and salary expectations by e-mail to email@example.com