Groupe Développement South Asia Regional office
Last Date: May 2, 2009
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
GROUPE DEVELOPPEMENT SOUTH ASIA REGIONAL OFFICE
Groupe Développement is a French International NGO that works in Latin and South America, Eastern Europe, Africa and South Asia and focuses on child protection, on combating exploitation of children and youth in any form or place, and on empowering communities through sustainable social and economic initiatives.
Groupe Développement’s South Asia Regional office working on child protection from trans-national organized crime such as trafficking for purposes of prostitution, sexual exploitation or other forms of exploitative labour. GD SARO works in collaboration with national, state and local NGOs and other institutions for children, to support and implement programmes on empowerment and protection of children, adolescents and youth.
This role will require performance of the following functions:
1. Data entries, Verification of data-entry in Financial Year-wise books on daily basis and correction of errors, if any and ensure proper filing of all vouchers.
2. Preparation of Receipt & Payment A/c., Income and Expenditure statement and Balance Sheet and preparing of annual returns.
3. Ensure proper deduction of TDS, keeping TDS records, Preparation of all types of vouchers, Preparation of monthly summary sheet (MIS)
4. Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statements
5. Maintain fixed asset register
6. Financial follow up and monitoring of partner organization and budgetary control of project budgets
7. Assist to treasury manager / office Administrator
a. Scrutinize Advance requests of staff and effect disbursal as per approvals of Line Managers and put up to line manager where approvals are not received.
b. Checking of Advance Settlement, check for propriety of expenses and supporting and ensuring special approval in cases where no supporting bills are given
c. Assist to treasury manager to maintain patty cash book
d. Ensuring proper maintenance of attendance register, stationery register & field visit register
8. Assist line manager in secretarial work such as preparing draft letters, resolutions, and notices and keeps track of important deliverables and legal requirements.
9. Provide technical support to office staff and partner organisation and in all areas of financial management.
10. Planning and organising of annual audits and also implementing mid term audits of partners
11. Coordination with Auditors for filling returns and other legal documents
12. Ensure the efficient running of general office operations including premises & equipment management/maintenance and establishing and managing relevant filing and other administrative systems
13. Assist the logistical support required for programme activities, including organisation of meetings/workshops/visits and travel for staff, visitors & consultants. Also provide administrative support for procurement of goods and services.
Perform other duties or projects as requested or assigned by the Line Manager
Desired Profile of the Candidate
A Commerce Graduate from any university, Postgraduates will be preferred.
• Excellent computer skills, especially in Tally accounting package and Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Good Influencing and administrative skills
• Good analytical mind with the ability to translate the same into a document/presentation
• Handle people with patience and ability to train them on systems and procedures
• Fluency in writing, reading and speaking both English and Bengali
Desired work experience
* Minimum of Three years in an accounting department of any organization. NGO experience preferred. Experience in NGO audit and knowledge of micro-finance will be an added advantage.
Compensation Offered: Rs. 120 000/- + per annum
Location of job - Kolkata
“Application for the post of Finance officer” must be mentioned as subject in the covering letter
Groupe Developpement South Asia Regional Office
50 E Hazra Road, Kolkata – 700 019