Head - Projects
Groupe Developpement South Asia Regional office
Last Date: May 2, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Head - Projects
Description of Groupe Developpement
Groupe Developpement is an international NGO that works on child protection, poverty alleviation and livelihoods.
Site Internet : www.groupe-developpement.org. Its South Asian regional programme focuses on preventing trafficking and exploitation of children. It has a regional office in India (SARO) with country offices in Pakistan and Nepal – and aims to set up a country office in Bangladesh to manage and coordinate projects that GD supports in Bangladesh (website: www.gd-southasia.org – last updated in 2008).
Groupe Développement regional office for south Asia is in Kolkata, and has a team of 15 people. The team comprises of project management department (project managers are responsible for monitoring of projects and mentoring partner organisations) and a programmes’ department (this is the technical support wing responsible for training and capacity building of the organisations), a department of finance, administration and contracts and an information officer. The regional office also monitors country offices of Nepal and Bangladesh and coordinates with Pakistan country office in specific areas of collaboration.
Job Location: Kolkata, - India
Reporting To: Regional Director
Description of role:
The Head of Projects will oversee all Project Management activities designed to mitigate risks to vulnerable children in affected communities, to protect children from sexual abuse and exploitation, and to rehabilitate and reintegrate victim children. The Project Head will supervise all Project processes related to research, identification, design, fundraising, planning, implementation, monitoring & mentoring, documentation, reporting and evaluation of required interventions in the region, as per the plans agreed with Director of GD SARO
The Head of Project will provide leadership to all the Projects and their respective Managers to advance the development of Project Management at the whole, its network; and to encourage and strengthen coalitions of local partner organizations, to have a sustainable impact upon the problem of sexual abuse and exploitation of children in South Asia.
As the Head of Projects, he/ she heads and animates, supervises all Project Officers, Providing leadership, management, administration, planning, organisation and controls necessary to accomplish field objectives, he/ she has the direct and priority responsibility to ensure the (financial, social, institutional) sustainability of GD’s projects in the region.
The Head of Projects represents the entire Project’s team and ensures its visibility and credibility throughout the region in all necessary panels of discussion and meetings, and gives leadership to the development of the projects.
To lead the overall Project’s team and Project Management through:
1. Being Responsible for facilitating, planning, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of all the Projects through providing leadership and mentoring to all the project officers.
2. Head the Project’s team, provide supervision, guidance and facilitate capacity building of the Project Managers / Officers.
3. To Build Partnerships - Convenes strategic partnerships – among government, non-government and community based organizations to impact on overall social protection for children vulnerable to trafficking, child protection policies, to support child protection programmes and leverage resources in the State.
4. Interacts with State, national and international agencies and commissions, on the management of child protection programmes/projects with a focus on prevention of child trafficking. Participates in meetings with stakeholders, Departments responsible for programme/project review, and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements.
5. Initiate the process of development and/or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation.
6. Implementation of the Projects - propose designs for child trafficking programmes.
7. Analyzes and evaluates data and/or takes corrective action when necessary, to meet overall project’s objectives
8. Contributes to and enables the concurrent monitoring and reporting on performance indicators of projects
9. Monitoring and Evaluation - Facilitates the review of systems and capacity related to delivery of services to children and the interventions to improve such systems and capacities.
10. Undertakes field visits to monitor project interventions, as well as conducting periodic project update reviews with partners.
11. Identifies and recommends necessary action for programme adjustments. Provides advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning and management of programme/projects.
12. Contributes to the preparation of the Situation Analysis, by compiling data, analyzing and evaluating information, and writing chapters of the Analysis.
13. Responsible for Work plan development, both internally and in the State, and ensures compliance with specific assigned objectives. Provides guidance and support to Project staff to manage and implement projects.
14. Coordinate with Head of Programs in Identifying training needs for the purpose of capacity building and sustainability of programme/projects.
15. Proactively collaborates with Project / Program colleagues to give and receive knowledge and assistance. Pooling resources for more effective programming.
16. Assists in development of appropriate communication and information strategy to support and/or advocate child trafficking prevention programme development. Assists in intensifying Child trafficking prevention program, increasing awareness of rights and services and ensures an inclusive approach.
17. Under the supervision of the Regional Director and in coordination with the Head of Programs, Assists in the planning and formulation of Behavior Development/Behavior Communication Change initiatives with respect to prevention of child trafficking to enable more effective behavior change.
18. Coordinate with Head of Research, Head of Finance, Project Tracking Officer, Head of Program and Reporting and documentation officer for a holistic approach to the entire Program on prevention of Child trafficking.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Advanced university degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Child Development, Education, or other related to the field of child protection
2. Minimum of 6 years experience in Development sector with a focus on Child Protection issues.
3. Minimum of 3 years experience in Managerial role, leading of team and supervision of large scale multi projects.
4. Sound understanding of Child Rights, Child protection issues with a focus on Trafficking.
6. Proven experience in Project administration, monitoring and evaluation.
7. Fluency in English preferred and working knowledge of Bengali will be an asset.
Apply with an updated Resume mentioning your present drawn salary and expected salary along with two references. Please mention the title of the post applied for in the subject line of the email.
The Resume should be sent to Miss Anuradha Mundra at email@example.com , with a copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Groupe Developpement South Asia Regional office
South Asia Regional Office (SARO)
50E Hazra Road
Kolkata - 700 019
Tel: +91-33-2486 1090 / 1091 / 2871
Fax: +91-33-2486 1091
www.gd-southasia.org / www.groupe-developpement.org