World Vision India
Location: National Office
Last Date: April 29, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Job Code #: 415
Job Title: Webmaster
Location: National Office
Dept: NRD Research & System
Reporting To: Manager Research Systems
No. Of Vacancies: 0 Status: Closed
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for design, content, implementation, maintenance and support of our World Vision website. Confers with Direct Marketing Staff for content development. Provides and executes web design and development.
Responsible for quality of Content and Innovation. Responsible for regular updates on the website. Plans strategies to acquire prospect donors and administers all aspects of online marketing programs. Acts as liaison with website hosting service and web developers.
• Design and develop new modules as per marketing request and integrate in our existing website before a campaign is launched.
• Plan strategies to acquire new sponsors & donors through our website.
• Editorial responsibility for the content, quality and style of the site, in collaboration with creative team. This will include finding, creating and installing tools to create web content, layout designs, including liaison with graphic artists for interactive web applications.
• Works with other dept and internal teams to implement and incorporate new products into current web format/structure. Leads projects as required to integrate new products into current online structure
• Maintains the search engine optimization.
• Coordinates with web site host/provider and internal staff to continually improve website. Acts as liaison with hosting service / payment gateway providers.
• Locates and maintains basic knowledge of technology issues and software to implement on website.
• Design and develop online surveys, forums and sign-up campaigns modules.
• Verify that links from the site are live and go to what they claim. Monitor the error logs and report potential problems. Check presentation and readability in various browsers on various platforms.
The Webmaster will have significant relationship with the NRD Director, and all members of the NRD Team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTITUDE
» Excellent design skills and knowledge of Web Based Communication with good understanding of online fundraising principles
» Technical expertise working with online-based programming, products and services.
» Integrity, courtesy and professionalism.
» Excellent organizational abilities, as well as good written and oral communication skills.
» At least 2 year’s full–time web development experience.
» Graduate in Communications, Marketing or Masters in Computer Application.
» Experienced in Web Design and Development