Micro Insurance Academy
Location: New Delhi, India
Last Date: May 1, 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Offer of Employment – Project Manager
Closing date: 1 May 2009 or ASAP
Duty station: New Delhi, India, with travel to geographic responsibility (M.P, U.P or Bihar )
The Micro Insurance Academy is a Delhi-based Charitable Trust (NGO) dedicated to training, research, and advisory services for microinsurance units serving the poor. At present, we are the first and only institution dedicated to training community-based micro health insurance schemes in insurance domain knowledge.
We empower communities to protect livelihoods using the exciting financial tool of microinsurance. In a nutshell, “we help communities manage risks from the ground up.” Learn more about the Micro Insurance Academy & our work in microinsurance by visiting our website: http://www.microinsuranceacademy.org
About the Job:
The MIA is a rapidly expanding Indian NGO based in New Delhi. In order to keep pace with our growth in projects, we seek to appoint a project manager for new implementation projects in Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. The incumbents will report to the Director (Operations), and will deal with all matters related to smooth running of the respective implementation projects. Specific tasks include:
• Manage project staff, including creating detailed work plans and timelines
• Ensure timely delivery of tasks for smooth project functioning
• Respond to upcoming challenges in the implementation by drawing upon the necessary resources and team members
• Supervise the implementation of technical assistance
• Report internally to Director and externally to partners and donors as required
• Develop with project staff new concept notes for project development
• Monitor and anticipate/identify project performance issues and address problems
• Develop with project staff best practices
• Performance of other duties of a similar nature as required.
Above all else, we are looking for a person with solid knowledge of the development sector and experience managing complex process with multiple stakeholders. Attention to details and ability to plan ahead a multi-stage implementation process will be essential for this job.
The following qualifications would be welcomed:
• Degree in relevant field
• Excellent communication skills with proficiency in English and Hindi (please specify local dialects as well)
• At least 2 years experience in a related position (project / programme management)
• Proficient computer skills (the MIA is transitioning towards an open-source environment)
• Experience with project management software
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The MIA will offer a competitive package of salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills. The package will be based on a base salary and a “loyalty bonus” for applicants staying longer than 24 months. This is purposely done to discourage applicants looking for a short term assignment from applying.
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Project Manager Application” in the subject line.
Note: Please be sure to include current and expected salary and possible start date in your email. Applications without this information will NOT be considered.